You already know how a good diet and exercise helps you to stay in shape, but there are some really simple but effective steps you can take to help your eyes look and feel their best too.
- Get plenty of sleep, as this will help revitalise your eyes and face.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your eyes too; because it helps them stay hydrated.
- Go for regular eye check-ups to make sure your vision and your eyes are at their best.
- If you wear contact lenses, always follow your optician's advised hygiene routine.
- If you work at a computer, remember to take regular breaks so that your eyes don't get strained or tired. Reduce the screen brightness or use a screen shield, as glare can dry your eyes.
- Turn your central heating or air condition down a little - you'll save money and help stop your eyes drying out!
- If you go swimming in chlorinated pools, wear goggles to stop chlorine irritating your eyes.
- Always wear safety glasses when doing DIY or gardening to protect eyes from injury or dust particles.